Whew! We did it!
So... it rained all night before the race and the rest of the day after the race... we had a 3 hour reprieve - thank goodness. We got there to set up at 7AM and I briefed the finish line volunteers on how it was all supposed to work. As far as I could see (and my scope was limited) the event was a great success! For the most part people actually showed up to run in the wet and cold (about 40 degrees). Roy-son, my brother-in-law and right-hand-man, kept time AND kept the timer dry with his ingenious plastic bag. Plus, my sisters came and ran the 5k - which was great - although I missed running with them. But the coolest part of the day was watching Noble WIN the mile. Everyone was standing around waiting for the first finishers to come in, thinking we might see some teenager or adult - when we see this little kid rounding the bend of the river. I think, "That really looks like Noble." It was indeed. So a second grader dominated the fun run - outran 100 people - and scored a pretty decent time too. I had to run to catch him in the chute because he didn't know he was supposed to stop. Me: "Did you run all the way to the pond?" (I was suspicious that he'd cut the course - because Mike wasn't with him) Noble: "Yes." Me: "Did you know you WON the race?" Noble: "No. There was a girl behind me and I didn't want her to pass me." Classic. (There was no danger of that since the girl in question was like 30-40 seconds back). Me: "Noble, did you hear all those people cheering for you?" Noble: "I thought that they were yelling at EACH OTHER. ?" Awesome. (The other coolest thing was the dream Mike had earlier in the week about HIS race - which ironically Noble lived instead. You'll have to ask Mike about THAT. I'm still laughing about it.)
Sadly, the camera's battery was dead when I tried to take pictures. I'm really bummed about that. So you'll just have to visualize.
1 comment:
Angie Girl, That is so cool. I wish I could have seen it:)
Katie
Post a Comment