Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Poor Mitch-Darling


On hold with the doctor's office...

I'm trying to get Mike in to see yet another Gastroenterologist about his lethal GERD. Last night/this morning Mike suffered his worst episode ever. Almost 11 hours uninterrupted. That was rough. I really felt for him.
Years ago we went and had some extensive testing done - which only resulted in a diagnosis - and very little in the way of treatment (a lifetime of Nexium pills - which haven't helped). Granted, Mike has some unusual symptoms. One good thing came of it though - amidst all the tests Mike may have accidentally received a colonoscopy instead of an endoscopy (to this day no one really knows ) and Mike has gotten SO much mileage out of that story.
I'm hoping this doctor will be more helpful... I mean he did save my dad's life last year when he had that nasty bleeding ulcer- and he is my parents' neighbor. Maybe that will earn us bonus points.

No comments: