Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Down.

Just returned from a walking the dog and kids this morning. As we came up the hill into our circle a big ol' boxer (you know those with the brown and black stripey coats that are all the rage in dogs these days) came out of nowhere from behind. Jess, behind me pushing Sully in the stroller, yelled to warn me. Before I knew it I was on the ground - banged my elbow and head on the pavement pretty hard in the process. The Space Donkey managed to come out on top and said boxer jogged away. ...My next dilemma: Jupiter on the loose (which is tricky in the best of conditions) with another dog keeping his attention. My head hurting, I followed them into the next circle where a second boxer was wandering, a car trolling along nearby (apparently the owners trying to gather the dogs up again). Jupiter tried his luck with this dog as well, and then decided his odds weren't as good - so he gave it up and came to me.
My elbow is sore.
Come to think of it - this reminds me very much of another experience with Jupiter where I ended up on the pavement - tangled in the leash while taking him for a run. I had road rash scars for a year and a half after that one.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Sorry about the stealth attack. Hope your feeling better. Way to take one for the team Ang!

kirsten said...

this is where i say: "yet another reason"

there are a lot of them.

(and tell Jessi that we saw H.P.6 last night. she told us it pretty much just follows the book, so tell her if she was serious then she needs to read the book again! ;)