Sunday, September 20, 2009

Football and dirt bikes

It seems to me that both teams from Utah had a punishing weekend... Our boys, who like to label themselves Ute fans (mostly to defy the rest of the family who like BYU - I kind of think that's how most Ute fans see themselves: primarily BYU haters), took things a step further today. We found this posted to their door:Really, charming spelling mistakes aside, this is a little too much.

Yeah, that was a tough game to watch yesterday (especially with a couple of boys gleefully chanting, "Florida State! Florida State!"). I'll leave it at that.

But that's not all we did this weekend:


Mike finally got around to fixing up the kids' bikes. We have a couple of especially sweet vintage dirt bikes (passed on to us by Mike's parents - how cool that they hung on to them all these years!) - in need of parts and repair. This beauty is an awesome Diamond Back from around 1987 - it weighs about 100 lbs - from a time when kids were tough, because if this thing ever fell on you...
Seriously, these are the COOLEST bikes in the neighborhood...not that it's a contest.

Jess taking it for a spin

We also did a garage overhaul...to make room for that doggie palace you see in the picture (Space Donkey taking a load off for the night). Mike's parents were getting rid of this kennel - from when they used to have an Alaskan Malamute. So we traded in Jupiter's old, smaller crate for this. It also fits all 5 kids nicely in case... well...it's just a thought.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Great day indeed! Seems to me that boys will always want to be obstinate about something.

Turbo said...

I was wondering if I could solicit your boys to make me a similar sign for my door.

KimnSam said...

Those do look like sweet bikes! Way to go in the garage, wish mine looked so good!

ANG said...

Jake - I'll mail it to you if you want...I made them take it down. :) It falls under the category of "hate speech" in this house.

kirsten said...

She rode that over the other day and I was thinking 'sweet wheels'!

also.... HOW would you know that all 5 kids fit in there? Please tell me you estimated.

p.s. your mom's coat below is awesome.