Five years and six races later I am hanging it up as the official race planner / timer of the NPA 5k/1 mile fun run. It's been a lot of fun, and at times a lot of stress. I have gotten to know some great people better, and we've made some awesome memories.
**Sigh**
But life goes on. Next year I plan to participate as a private citizen. :)
This year the kids put up some great times. Noble decided he was going to see how fast he could run the mile. He ran it in 6 minutes 11 seconds. He didn't beat his previous record of 5 minutes 46 seconds...so he was a little bummed, but he still won by quite a bit.
The next runner was some awesome 2nd grade girl about a minute behind Noble. Then at around 7 min. 30 sec. this guy who had run the whole way CARRYING his baby, crossed the finish line. That's hard core.
Tillman came in with his friend at about 8 minutes, Grace about 10 minutes.
Sully finishing strong with a time of 12:16.
Here he is with our old friend Michele Rosqvist who ran the mile with him so I could take care of business at the finish line and Mike could direct traffic out on the 5K route. She saved the day. I am so thankful for good friends.
Tillman, Sully and our neighborhood/carpool buddy at the finish line.
Jessie finishing strong in the 5k. I don't remember her time, but it's faster than I can run.
A good time was had by all.
It's a little sad to step away from something you've been a part of from the beginning. But in other ways, I am happy to let others take it on.
No comments:
Post a Comment