There's a lot that I have missed. I'll pick up where I left off. November (now that December is almost over).
We have been in desperate need of some garage shelving since we moved in over 3 years ago. I found a guy on KSL classifieds who makes custom bike stands, and had him make one for us. (The cool story behind that is that when I contacted his wife to arrange for a pick up I discovered that she was an old middle school basketball teammate from my youth. It was awesome to catch up.)
So when a Saturday came up on the calendar without a trip or camp out or major commitment, I pounced. I showed Mike the YouTube garage shelf tutorial, pointed to the pile of lumber leaning against the side of the garage, and then went to borrow a power saw from my dad's shed. A few hours later....presto!! (Now we just need to find a few more Saturdays to build shelves for the north and east walls of the garage.)
Thanksgiving highlights...
We hosted Thanksgiving again at our house this year with the ever-expanding Sullivan clan. Before the meal, we gathered for a big group shot in the side yard.Here we are breaking ranks after the photo shoot ...I love all the candid moments captured in this photo.
I love my family.
...and my own family...
Thanksgiving cousins
More moments from the day...
The day after Thanksgiving we packed up and hit the road for St. George to spend some time with the Melton's.
As you can see, Jess picked up some driving hours on the way down. Her first freeway driving. She did really well, but it was still a white-knuckle experience for me and Mike. Turning over the wheel to our 15 year old with all our other children on board... at 80 miles per hour. (breathe....)
Tim and Gary and Val came up from LV.
Chillin' at grandma's house...
Tim and Gary and Val came up from LV.
The weather was gorgeous and it was great to see everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment