It's been a whole month of good-bye's for these two as they have wrapped things up at home and headed out on a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
![]() |
| Finally received their mission call: Nauvoo, Illinois, USA - April |
They spoke in church the end of April, and were set apart on May 3, and reported the next day to the MTC in Provo for a week. Sort of. They were still able to come home every night. We were able to get together for a pool party / dinner party / FHE one night that week. Hosted by their very generous neighbors, the Griffith's.
IMG 0169 from Angie Melton on Vimeo.
Last Sunday we had the chance to spend one more evening all together. Appropriately, it was Mother's Day.
| The Sullivan family. |
They started their drive out to Nauvoo on Wednesday this week. They have had enough time to detour and see a few church history sites (Adam-ondi-Ahman and Haun's Mill) before arriving at Nauvoo today. They report rain during their journey, but, as Dad reported yesterday, the bikes are still on the rack. So, all is well. All is well on the homefront too -- for now. Jessie has checked in on the horses, I think the house is still standing (right, Holly and Kay?), and if we can get a break in the weather Noble and Tillman will get over there tomorrow to mow.
I'm just excited to see their pictures and hear about their experiences.
I miss our parents. And in a few weeks the Henderson's will be leaving us too - moving to Louisiana. It's all for the best - but I can't help getting teary. We've been spoiled, the whole family living so close together for the past 10 years. It couldn't last. I love them all so much.


1 comment:
Thanks for sharing all that. Keep us posted on your parents mission. (Do they have their own blog?) And yes, you've been amazingly lucky that all 6 of you siblings live close. As you know, we've been all spread out and away from our parents for years. I'm sure that's something you'll come to appreciate more while your parents and Kay are gone.
Post a Comment