I have totally gotten out of the habit and have not kept up blogging. I had to look here the other day to find a video that Sully wanted to see and I realized what a treasure of memories we have here. I didn't want the rest of the story to be undocumented. So, I will try to keep with it. Keep on keeping on.
To make an attempt to record everything that has happened over the last 6 months would be impossible. I am reminded of the words of the prophet Mormon, "
nevertheless, they cannot all be written in this book; yea, this book cannot contain even a hundredth part of what was done among so many people in the space of [six months]" (the "six months" is my addition) (3 Nephi 5:8).
So, I thought I would compose a few themed posts to cover the highlights.
Today's installment: Reno-with-Roy Update
 |
| Roy prepping the concrete floor. |
 |
| Sealing the stained concrete |
 |
| I love it! |
 |
| Testing out the movie screen (we're missing the patio this time of year). |
 |
| The painting of the basement |
 |
| Finally getting rid of the butterscotch color |
 |
| Paint makes such a difference! |
 |
| Painting the baseboards |
 |
| While replacing baseboards we found out why the girls' room is always so cold in the winter - previous owners slapped the drywall directly onto the concrete wall on the east side in their room. Now we have another project... |
 |
| Finished baseboard in the game room (the room previously known as the vampire room). Roy is a fine craftsman. Those corners are so precise I hardly had to calk. |
Next on the punch list: new door trim, build a linen closet (converting the closet on the left in the picture above), and new carpet.
No comments:
Post a Comment