Friday, December 5, 2008

Per Mitch-Darling's suggestion, I'm inaugurating the family blog. He says that this might be therapeutic for me while serving a purpose (i.e. journaling the life of our family).

Anyway, having grown up in a pre-Internet world, I'm always a bit leery of the spotlight of putting our lives "out there". Should I assign all my children code names? Wow.

Yes, I named our blog after our dog. Nobe was about 4 years old when we brought our dog home from the shelter. When we asked him what we should name the dog, without hesitation he said "Jupiter the Space Donkey". Soooo... we HAD to go with it, except for everyday use we shorten it. When we're chasing our wild black lab around the neighborhood trying to retrieve him when he gets out we just yell, JUPITER!!!!

4 comments:

Ty KT Family said...

Angie,
I had to be the first to comment on your blog. I won't check it often but I am glad that it is there to check! I love your dogs name and the absolute originality of you and your family. Merry Christmas Season. Hope you are enjoying life

Katie

ANG said...

Thanks. We love you guys too.

ANG said...

hey I love the blog

-Jess

jensey said...

Ang,

I think you have my new found favorite blog name....it made me laugh out loud. Unlike Katie (who has a handful of kids so can't blame her) I will be checking your blog- I love seeing everyone's families. If you guys go skiing and need an extra pair of hands let me know:)
wj