The Temple Celebration went really well. I was really surprised at how GOOD they were. These kids were very patient and cooperative - with the marathon dress rehearsal (8 hours - we were out until 11:00 PM - on a school night) and with the demands of the performance. I couldn't believe that a bunch of teenagers would go so many hours without food or water and NOT complain.
The result was pretty amazing. With the dress rehearsal I'd seen it twice already but I was still glued at the performance. Pres. Monson talked for a few minutes to the kids and Pres. Eyring was there too. That was definitely a highlight for everyone. It kind of made me wish my kids were a little older - just because I know they'll probably never get the chance to do something like this.
Here are a few photos posted by the Church News.
http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/57417/Oquirrh-Temple-Youth-Celebration-Photo-gallery.html
And - here's another article with lots of pics just about the Oquirrh Mountain open house. Mike's up there today parking cars.
http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/57353/Media-tour-Oquirrh-Mountain-Utah-Temple.html
No comments:
Post a Comment