Sunday, June 7, 2009

Weekend blur

An action-packed weekend. I know we're not the only people out there with too much on the calendar - all it takes is a couple of kids - and pretty soon you find yourself double and triple booked. We managed to make it to everything...only because of family and friends. Thanks. Friday night we dropped Jessie and her stuff at Sullivans so she could sleep over and my parents could take her and the horse over to the arena early Saturday...that way we could be up and make it to Noble's piano recital at 10Am (Jessie missed for the second year running because of a scheduling conflict)...had lunch with Mike's parents......after which we traveled to the arena to watch Jessie for an hour or so (just enough time for Tillman to swell up from exposure to horses and dust)...then I rushed off with the boys to make it to Tillman's soccer game at 2PM (trying to dilute the allergens with bottled water along the way- he drank almost a whole liter)...the "Black Widows" came away with a tie and Tillman with wet shorts (we didn't make it to the potty in time after all that water) ...sent Tillman home with our friends rather than have to drug him up with Benadryl, and returned to the 4H show in time to see Jessie compete in her last speed event, which she handled well ...helped clean her horse's stall... ...gathered everyone up and made the trip home ... the realtor called during dinner to ask if people could come look at the house this morning (Sunday) while we'd be at church. (Do you know how hard it is to keep the house perpetually perfect with 5 kids, animals and all the stuff we have going?) I had unfinished laundry (we're leaving on a road trip through No. California on Tuesday for a week) & a messy house. So I stayed up folding laundry...but I should have checked on the cat because she was "queening" (giving birth) to 4 kittens out in garage sometime during the night. Noble found them this morning and ran into the house to announce that Pluto had her kittens (later he told us that at first when he saw them he thought that she had mice).

I'm reminded of that children's book: Meanwhile Back at the Ranch. All in a day's work. No wonder I get so tired.

As a side note: there was a polo match going on at the same time as the 4H show on Saturday at the equestrian complex. Our usual parking area had been reserved for the upper classes attending the polo match (I think we actually parked in Prince Charles' spot - Mike stuck it to "the man" and parked there anyway). I couldn't resist taking this picture of the label on the gate and of the RED CARPET (I'm not kidding) leading from the parking lot to the covered seating area with medieval flags along the way. Don't get me wrong, polo is fun to watch (they play at the equestrian park all the time), but I thought this was hilarious.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Angie,
I love keeping up with your family. Hannah loved looking at the picture of Jessie with her horse again and again. We took it easy this spring, but we have lived those crazy days

Katie