Monday, November 23, 2009

I'm back...and better than ever.

You don't know what you've got until it's gone.
Amen to that.

Our new computer arrived via UPS this morning!! - and our man Tim had everything transferred and running smoothly tonight. Oh man - it is so nice.

So, a bit of an update is in order.

As a family we've finally worked our way through every viral and bacterial malady known to the CDC. Our grand finale was my attempt at the flu and pink eye at the same time (thanks Sully). We appreciated all the well wishes and concerned phone calls over the last month. I think we've fulfilled our illness quota for the next 5 years (and probably come pretty dang close to maxing our lifetime insurance limit). My mom was there when I needed her: picking kids up from school, putting dinner on for my family, folding laundry, the beautiful roses she cut and brought just to cheer me up (it worked). Thanks also to Mike's mom for the yummy soup and the nebulizer just when we needed it.


Three days into my Tamiflu regimen I felt well enough to take a day trip with my friend Kirsten to Heber to print our Christmas cards on a vintage letter press. Her brother and sister-in-law own the studio and press. I had a great time & the cards are pretty cool as well. Here's a picture of me at the press (scroll to the bottom).

Jessie performed with her class last week in A Mid-Summer Night's Dream as Hermia. They did an outstanding job, really. Here's a little clip with Jess - (in purple):



After the play Mike ran into his mission president and his wife (their grand kids apparently go to our school). That was crazy - it's been 15 years. They were so pleased to see Mike and talk to him. I snapped a picture.


As usual we have lots going on. I'm just glad I'm back in the game...and that I have a computer again.

2 comments:

Holly said...

welcome back, though you really weren't gone that long. I know it can seem like an eternity to go without internet for even a day when that is how you connect to the world.

Beth said...

Glad to have you with us again, both physically and internet-ly.