Ok...I don't think this was actually a snow day - but it's a great photo anyway. This is 1992... I think...some of the gang from Ingot Way. Why didn't anyone get any pictures of our real snow-days? Pulling each other at break-neck speed around the block on tubes behind 4-wheelers & motorcycles? Man, we had SO MUCH FUN!
After shoveling ten feet of snow from the drive way (twice) and 300 feet of sidewalk...I opted out of my morning run. We received NO snow in November ... but no worries, we caught up last night. As I drove the kids to school this morning I was trying to figure out how much worse it would have to get for them to call a snow day. Morning traffic was at a stand-still. We sat in a line of cars trying to keep pace with a guy who was WALKING next to us on the side of the road. Whenever he passed us the kids would moan,"Oh man! He's passing us!" But then every few minutes traffic inched forward a little bit and we'd creep up behind him, kids cheering wildly ("We're bookin'! Look we're going to catch him!!!) Ha ha ha ha! It was so hilarious.
We've had the fire on all day long (I hope our gas bill isn't a million dollars next month).
3 comments:
so funny - because we were debating if Aaron should just take a snow day today... and then regretted sending him off to work since it took him about 2.5 hours to get there. he was like - why didn't i stay home and just go sledding with the kids?
It was messy out there. You passed us on our way into work on Nike drive and you didn't even notice us...you look defeated. congrats on getting to school and shoveling 300 ft of sidewalk.
Hahaha, that photo is awesome. PS, I'm glad that Kenneth, from 30 Rock was standing next to you in the photo.
Post a Comment