It's been quiet our last week of Christmas/New Year's break (actually it's been the opposite of quiet - with 5 kids around the house). We did some sledding (both the downhill and vehicle-towed varieties), enjoyed a little more time with Grandma Tiede before she heads back to New Mexico this next week, saw some movies, ate out, watched a little football, shot some guns (Mike's dream date. He's watching Ted Nugent shoot guns on tv right now - I'm laughing my head off.) - stuff like that. Mike and I rung in the new year at home listening to our neighbor fire off seriously illegal fireworks (our house was shaking from the concussion with each launch), and waiting for midnight to go pick up our daughter from HER New Year's party (I guess when you get to a certain stage in life you switch places with your kids). Today we broke out the snow shoes for the first time this year - just a quickie up Yellow Fork. Even though we weren't out long the kids and Jupiter had a great time.


It will be tough to get back into our routine next week: school, music lessons, etc. I know a few kids who aren't happy about that. But in some ways I'm looking forward to it. Sleeping in is great and everything...but having a schedule has it's benefits too (like getting more done). Happy 2010!
2 comments:
Nothing like getting out in the snow, to enjoy the holidays. I'm pretty envious of your little snowshoeing trek. I love the saddlebags on the dog.
so funny. we were saying the same thing 'oh, man, that means WE have to stay up till midnight!'
sheesh. we're getting old.
Post a Comment