Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Big Day has Arrived

So the 2 1/2 weeks we've been here have seemed like so many years. That's no criticism of the hospitality at Mom's house - but when you expect to be in and out any day and find yourself delayed again and again, time just drags on. Mike and I are still a little insecure on some level that the appointment at the title company tomorrow morning will end something like: "Oh, sorry, but Form R1850365037506 needs approval from... (name of random agency).  Go away - it will be another week."

We've checked and double checked with everyone to make sure every proverbial 't' has been crossed...but we've had the rug pulled out from under us before.

Adding to the drama, we're leaving on vacation this weekend - so we're cutting it very close. Mike had to lean on them pretty hard to MAKE it happen before we leave town. I love it when Mike gets tough. : )

I'm excited that it's finally happening & anxious about what we're getting ourselves into. It's been a wild ride. The next several days will be another whirl-wind of action (move-in, packing for vacation, essential home repairs, Jessie's horse show going on for the next two days...blah blah blah).

Thanks for all the positive vibes. I can't wait to be HOME.

3 comments:

Alicia and Jose said...

I sure hope it all goes well for you guys. I remember closing on our house was form after form after form. We miss you.

kirsten said...

good luck!!!
sorry that T's party ended up being such a busy weekend for you!

Kay said...

reading your blogs gives me headaches! Ugh! way too much going on!