Sunday, July 25, 2010

Some Must Push and Some Must Pull

My mom kind of has a flare for the dramatic. And so, this year's Pioneer Day observation included a mini pioneer trek around the block, ending in the "valley" (her backyard) - where we all camped out Friday night after a pioneer dinner, camp fire and stories.

Great-Grandma Tiede (who happened to be in town from New Mexico for the occasion) warmed up the crowd before their trek with some of her own stories.

Move 'em out!


Forward scouting party

We caught some fireworks a little later that night before the big cousin sleep-out

It was pretty cool. I know the kids were loving every minute. Magic times.

4 comments:

Beth said...

glad you go some photos...we were so sorry we had to miss most of the festivities, but I'm glad the kids had fun.

Turbo said...

Hahahah, I love the mini-covered wagons.

kirsten said...

your mom's amazing. what fun!

Elena Lunt said...

It was fun to join you guys... Happy pie ear (Lexie's rendition.)