Saturday, October 16, 2010

We like pumpkins in the patch.



This is an annual post. I know.
But, this tradition of picking our pumpkins is one of my favorite things in the world.
Disclaimer: Don't give me a hard time if the kids look like the Little Rascals in these pictures. I didn't scrutinize their outfits the way many pumpkin patch parents do. (The sweet little Halloween-y babies and toddlers followed closely by camera-toting parents. Yeah.....I'm kind of a slacker like that.) Shirts and pants on backwards here and there. And I know, I know, there are a few boys in dire need of haircuts here.

This year we took the kiddz to a different pumpkin patch. It was cool. But... as I told Mike, I thought it was lacking sincerity (a la Charlie Brown). In reality, I'm sure that it is not that much more contrived than the one we've historically gone to. But there weren't any vines ... and that made me feel like something was just not right. You need the vines to feel pumpkin patch-y. You know what I'm saying?
There was a cool little corn maze for little people.

If you look close you'll see the fall colors on Lone Peak here. It was a beautiful day.



Sully's pumpkin.

Grace in the driver's seat.

This is hands-down, my favorite time of year.
I can't wait for the Halloween par-tay this coming weekend. You will hear more about that (I know you are dying to).

1 comment:

Kay said...

if you want vines, there is a very (what I think) "sincere" pumpkin patch right on redwood at about 12000 south. directly across from mom's. it's just pumpkins and wheelbarrows (tom's fav). they also plant other crops around it. it's close, it's cheap (15 cents a lb.) and you get to pull the pumpkins right off the vines.