This deserves its own post.
Noble's First Lego League team competed in the regional tournament a few weekends ago up at the U. By all accounts (I had to miss out because of other demands) it was an outstanding experience. His team (one of the youngest, by the way) finished 9th out of 56 teams from all over the mountain west. I have to brag a little bit. Noble is one of the most creative and original thinkers I've ever met (and I'm totally not biased - he he he). He also loves science. So Lego RObotics has been ideal. It helps to channel all that creative energy in a productive way -finding solutions to real problems in the world. ...As I used to say to him, "Use your powers to do good." I think this is a good start.
Thanks to Mike's dad who helped us so much in getting Noble to his Lego Robotics every week leading up to the tournament.
Noble with his good friend, Soren, setting up for a round.
THIS JUST IN: Noble's coach just forwarded this SL Tribune article. Check out the photos on the left side. Noble is in the first one. (I think they took it at the same time that Mike took the one above. :) )
Yay, Noble!
No comments:
Post a Comment