I had a birthday this weekend.
I spent it mostly with my family ...and part of it with about a million screaming fans at the Marriott Center in Provo, watching Jimmer Fredette play his last home game for BYU. Thank goodness they won this one. After New Mexico came to town earlier this week, we were a little worried. It was a fun game to see. The kids had a great time - even those who are not big basketball fans. Our kids feel a special connection to Jimmer because one of their teachers at school is his sister. Jessie had a chance to meet him once in her classroom - and it changed her life (I say that only a little bit tongue-and-cheek).
Ice cream stop at Thanksgiving Point on the way home after the game.
We all had a lot of fun. Even if it ended with Tillman getting sick in the car on the way home. A minor set-back. A little clean up and all was right again with the world.
- At the game with Noble (he was trying to hide from the camera) -
Today was perfect as birthdays go. A beautiful day. (And that's saying something when the occasion is your 36th birthday - the downward slope to 40.) For starters, Mike SHAVED off his beard as a birthday present....Dreams do come true.
We saw my little nephew be blessed at church. We relaxed at home.
Mike and Grace made a red velvet cake with the number '27' on top for me. Grace said they didn't have the candle numbers 3 or 6 - and since 2 is one less than 3 and 7 one more than 6, it was all the same anyway. I was cool with that logic.
We had dinner with my family at my Mom's and Dad's, where there were lots of crazy kids tearing around outside in the rain and mud with Uncle Sean, babies to hold, and my best friends/siblings to hang out with.
36 isn't so bad.
4 comments:
happy birthday Ang...we LOVE you!
Sorry I missed it Ang, but I really needed a quiet evening at home. Happy Birthday! Just two years till my 36th!
Yay! Happy birthday, fellow, March-y! (Whoa, I just remembered that RS party where we had to make hats, remember?)
so does Jessie play YW basketball? I hope?
Grand Ma Gertie really enjoyed the pictures and the letter. She said thank you for them. Even the unborn is beautiful. She said she was sorry she forgot to tell you HB when she talked to you. Be thankful it isn't 66. This is Granee Carroll commenting not Marissa. Love you much.....
Post a Comment