Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sometimes it's the Little Things

Like finally breaking down and upgrading the alarm clock. You don't know what an indulgence it is to wake up to something other than a buzzer, until you've done it. Mike is a big snooze-bar fan. That can be torture (for me). When the alarm starts at 5:30AM so that Mike can hit snooze half a dozen times before he "really" wakes up. I've been really tempted to get him the Zen Alarm Clock for several years. But who can justify paying THAT much money for an alarm clock? I haven't. In our beach hotel in Newport this past summer they had the BEST waking soundtracks on their alarm clocks, and we both decided that was the way to go for a good morning. So...we finally shelled out a few bucks this weekend for a docking clock/radio, I downloaded some appropriate relaxation sound from iTunes and....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
The problem is, Mike is TOO relaxed by the gurgling stream/mountain songbirds/ocean waves/piano music and sleeps straight through. I threatened him with Tibetan Bowl tones if nature sounds won't do the trick for him. But I wake up happy every day now. (And thanks to the "sleep" setting we have been lulled happily to sleep every night too.)

Why did we wait so long?

1 comment:

Kay said...

Be careful. My neighbor and her daughters have been adicted for decades to sleep sound machines. They have to take battery powered ones with them whenever they travel.