Tuesday, May 17, 2011

An Update on our Wrestling Friend and a Little Mood-Lift

You may recall our first glimpse into the world of wrestling. Apparently the big league of professional wrestling has a reality cable show called "Tough Enough" where contestants compete for a professional wrestling contract. I guess it shouldn't have surprised Mike when he heard that his former employee (they work in different parts of the company now) had a leave of absence to be on the show. (I still can't believe that they approved a leave of absence for something like that...whatever.) Anyway, Mike and his colleagues have been following developments on YouTube reruns over the past several weeks...and since he can't keep it to himself, he's had me watch a few as well.
I wouldn't recommend it -  (reality tv bugs me like crazy, never mind stuff like pro-wrestling) but it has been pretty fun watching Martin make his way through his 15 or 20 minutes of fame.  It ended with this heart breaker.

You should know that the previously eliminated contestants were all sort of bullied off the show - so they were really nice to Martin. I think because he was actually on track to win - and because he wasn't a big dork. Mike says he has been pretty bummed at work. I don't want to make fun of his dream or anything, but I think he'll be ok.  Sorry Martin. You are tough enough in my book. 

And - I've been enjoying this song more lately. So - if you need a little boost today...

The album version is better - but it's always fun to see it. You can stop the vid after about 4 min - he's just killing time after that. His base player looks like a young Bill Gates. And that kind of makes me smile.
Have a nice day. :)

No comments: