Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Abner's Big Day

First of all,  ignore the crazed-eye thing Mike is doing in this picture...AND the fact that he's dressed down for our photo shoot (he snuck out of his suit ASAP after church). Second, check out Abner's sweet tie. My mom whipped it together for the occasion, and I think Abner looks dapper in it.
Abner was blessed at church on Sunday. I love baby blessings. I love seeing the men of the family gathered around a new little one to name and bless that tiny person. To me it says, "We're all here for you, little one. You're a part of us. Welcome, with love."
All of the Sullivan clan, minus Sean were there. Also, Mike's parents and brother, Jimmy with his wife and kids from far-off Michigan.

We had everyone over to the house for food & hobnobbing afterward.


3 comments:

Elena Lunt said...

He looks awesome in this outfit. And thanks for adding me to your updates.

Elena Lunt said...

And by he, I meant little Abner. Not that I have anything against what Mike is wearing.

Kay said...

love the beginning disclaimers. he he.