The last gasps of Summer...
Noble fishing for crawdads at Soldier Creek
Cooling off with the cousins one more time
...Before the first day of school
First day of school for the little brothers. It's confusing to be loaded into the car while you're still half-asleep.
Mom (still in jammies) & kids ready to roll.
It's a bitter-sweet time. We are already missing the freedom of summer break, but you can't help getting excited for the possibilities of a new school year.
New clothes, new haircuts, lunches packed, pencils sharpened...
The kids were up AND dressed by 6:30 this morning. (I, on the other hand, was not. It was a long night with the newborn... and a toddler who wanted to take over my spot in the bed.) I cannot believe that we have a middle school-er this year!! She's pretty nervous about being able to work her locker combination fast enough. But she had her schedule memorized and her locker all decorated (decorated??). So she should be good.
Exciting.
And, adding even more excitement to the day...
Mike's truck, left to its own devises (neutral), took a short trip off a rock wall into the back yard, leaving us to figure out how to extricate it. No serious harm done (whew), but thrilling none-the-less. We like to keep the adrenalin pumping around here.
5 comments:
Whoa! That story about the truck is nuts! So glad that there were no injuries/damage.
Nice looking truck! Can't believe Jessie is a middle schooler either. Good luck with the new school year.
What?!?
Um Ang...You're a mother of 6 (I think I'm counting that right)... I'm not sure if you realize that...And two of your kids are almost as tall as you are. I think we're officially getting old.
Crazy truck story btw.
Wow, they are some spiffy looking schoolers. Also, that pic of you in your pj's would be AMAZING if you were holding the 2 sleepy boys. ha!
Post a Comment