Saturday, January 7, 2012

Screening for the Team

I think I've mentioned that we took on Noble's Lego Robotics team this year. THAT was a big job. Especially with all that we have going on - and our inexperience with FLL.

Anyway, Mike volunteered me and the Yudu for the task of making the team shirts...and then the team banner.
The kids came up with their team name way back in the summer - and recently designed the image.
The transparency image - pre-screen.

The screen after exposure.

 Inked and printing

Noble and team sporting their team shirts in the heat of competition at the tournament today (more on that later). The tie-dye was a wise choice from a screening perspective. It hides mistakes really well.

For the banner, I went with the freezer paper stencil method. It turned out pretty well.

Team Parachuting Llamabot Ninjas on tourney day - game-faces on.
And with some pretty nice screen-printing too.


3 comments:

Beth said...

I already said it, but I'll say it again. They turned out FANTASTIC ang....very nice!

kirsten said...

look at you and your crafty self! way to be an overachieving mom!

p.s. please never tell my kids about the lego team. tessa would LOVE it, and she's just too busy. ;)

KimnSam said...

super cool!! AND, I've really been meaning to ask you for some time how you got Noble involved in this - Reese would absolutely love that! Can you message me about it possibly?