Our 4th baby came on a cold, smoggy day in January, 8 years ago.
My easiest delivery.
His first few years of life were a little bit rougher - lots of sickness, a couple of stays at Primary Children's Hospital. He became my little companion for many years as the baby of the family - talking, talking, talking his (& my) days away.
This year he requested cake and ice cream on his birthday with Great-Grandma at her house.
What a guy.
His "8" Cake
Stuff we love about Tillman:
We think he has a photographic memory - he recalls ALL.
We also joke that he's narcoleptic. He falls asleep any/everywhere. Most recently on the stairs coming up for family prayer. 
I guess he just gave up - two steps up.
Recently he received a set of scriptures from Mike's parents as a birthday gift & later that day he informed me that he was going over to his friend's house so they could memorize Articles of Faith. I couldn't help laughing to myself when he told me... but was also proud of him.
He loves his new birthday roller blades (note that they are in several of the photos above). The Sullivan's hooked him up with a DEE-lux flag football set (which put me in mind of Tillman's query a few years ago to a certain historical reenactor in Michigan with a lumberjack bandanna hanging out of his pants).
Another cool birthday present this year came from his buddy down the street - a spit wad shooter. Awesome. I laughed pretty hard when I saw the safety goggles and the mounted site. Serious business.
I told Mike that it was kind of like selling a kit for kids to practice some graffiti. To help nudge your child a little toward the wild side.
Careful with those spit wads Tillman.
We love him.
His baptism is coming up next month. He is pretty excited about it all.
3 comments:
Happy birthday T.
Reminds me of Hank in a lot of ways. (except the article of faith thing and actually wanting to hang out with great grandma on his birthday. Wow!) We love you T!
your writing makes me laugh most every time I visit your blog. That and I think Grandma's and also Abner's hair is looking quite fetching.
Post a Comment