Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The 4th Annual

(photo cred. - one of my race route volunteers at the 5k turn-around)

The latest NPA 5k/1 mile fundraiser came together beautifully. We had lovely weather, a good turn out despite the race being scaled back as we transition to a fall race (there will be 2 this year). Our display clock timing was, no-question, the BEST way to accommodate this kind of race. I love the simplicity! I love that the school owns its own clock so I don't have to hope for nice people to help out and donate timing every year. Quite a load off. The Health Department showed up again and made themselves a nuisance (did you know you have to have TWO CONJOINED WALLS to serve food? ?????  It's true. But I have decided that the Health Department does not operate with the same logic as you and I. I took a Food Handlers class once and I totally sat their thinking, "this guy is so OCD & phobic he needs psychiatric care. FOR REAL.")  One of the volunteers did a good job of making the young man from the H.D. feel important - and that goes a long way with people with jobs like that. Other than that - it was a breeze this year. So grateful.

Thanks to everyone who supported us in one way or another. We appreciate the love.

BTW- some race results for you: Noble finished his first ever 5k with an impressive 23:26 (he beat Mike) and Jessie 25:16.  Grace and T. ran on their own for the first time this year and gutted out some good times respectively.

Not too shabby.

No comments: