Actually Sully's talents run the other end of that spectrum.
This morning when I woke Sully up he rolled over and stretched in that comfortable and cozy morning way. When I said, "Good morning" and kissed him, he just smiled his lazy, comfy morning smile. Then he casually sat up and THIS was under his back. Nothing like a sharp-edged boulder under your spine to produce a restful sleep.
Favorite games lately:
Keep the Sweeping Pile Away from the baby.
Abner loves to chase the rubbish pile around as you sweep. We both find it fun and exciting since Abner can crawl at the speed of sound now. Sometimes I cheat and pick him up and move him to the other side of the room to give myself a head start. But it doesn't give me THAT much of an advantage. The other day he saw a M&M in the sweeping pile and he locked onto that like a heat-seeking missile. That was one exciting match!
Keep the Baby Out of the Shower.
This one is tough. Abner LOVES the shower. He used to just like to sit there and pull the curtain to the side and hang out feeling the mist on his face. But the other day he was doing that, and I closed my eyes for a second to rinse my hair, and felt something moving past my leg. I looked down, covered in shampoo suds, to see Abner sitting fully clothed looking up at me with a grin on his face in the shower spray. Ever since then he is like a magnet to the shower and I stand there trying to bar his way with my foot to give myself a couple of more seconds to get rinsed. It usually doesn't stop him totally. I alternately try to slow his progress, laugh frantically, call to Sully to see if he can lure him away from the shower somehow. But every day he ends up in various states of wetness.(Or, if he's striking out with the shower he'll take the bathroom garbage can as an alternative.)
Give them a try. Lots of fun!
1 comment:
Babies and bathrooms are not a good combo. I've learned the hard way as one of Gavin's favorite things to do is play with toilet water.
Love that Sully was sleeping on a rock. That's awesome Angsh.
Post a Comment