Jess had fun this weekend. County Fair is always the highlight of her season.
 |
| With Russell, day 3 of competition. |
 |
| J.'s cheering section - trying to fend off the heat. I wish I had a picture of Mike and Tim keeping time for one of the speed events, "scurry". They were hilarious. |
 |
| With her coaches (these girls are tops) - and spoils - post season. Another State belt buckle. |
 |
| With some of the team. |
A good year all-in-all. She still has State in September. The longer we do this 4H horse program, the more I enjoy it and am grateful for all it has meant for J. These are good kids, good leaders, time well spent, life-lessons learned. At first, it seemed overwhelming and foreign for me...but I am so glad we just went with it for Jessie's sake. I wish I had been able to do something like this growing up. I think it does wonders for the kids. Much thanks to my dad and all those who have made it possible for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment