Sunday, October 14, 2012

6 and 1

That's Noble's team's record for the season so far. They are now 4 and 0 in division play, and locked as first seed for the playoffs coming up in a few weeks.
(Photo credits: #87's mom)

Yesterday they played Bountiful, the toughest team they will play in their division. They won. It was a bit of a fight, but they put up three more touchdowns than Bountiful, and....
...this awesome safety (Noble, #20 coming in on the tackle).

I just love this picture of #35 beating his helmet triumphantly after the safety. He was SO stoked.

My dad kept telling me that I was getting a little "excited"...I can't help it. The kids are so fun to watch.

Mike snapped this great shot of Noble at nose guard.

High fives. Another great game, guys. (I, for one, am having a blast.)

And, as a special treat, footage of the team's pre-game ritual: Dance/Hit/Tag...or whatever you want to call it. Enjoy.

(The best part in this first one is when Noble turns to shush me after I cheered....hahhahaha...)

MVI 5935 from Angie Melton on Vimeo.

...And Noble's rendition of the Macarena to "Eye of the Tiger"...

MVI 5937 from Angie Melton on Vimeo.

This is so fun.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I'm excited too! hopefully I can come and see the championship game.

kirsten said...

I never would have pegged you as a football mom! It is so fun when kids are passionate (and successful) at something!

ANG said...

Neither would I Kirsten...which is why it is all so delightfully fun...because it has all been so unexpected (and positive). I love that sometimes, experiences come into our lives that we never would have chosen, and we go along for the ride. I even have a Bingham sweat shirt! Hahaha. Mainly, I am loving it so much because Noble is loving it, and getting so much out of it. I am learning that is part of the process of growing up as a parent or me....taking myself out of their choices more as they grow, and then watching them blossom. Amazing.