Monday, October 8, 2012

A Weekend in Fall

The kids had Friday off because of parent-teacher conferences during the week. We saw an opportunity to spend a family day, and we jumped on it. We took lunch and had a gorgeous fall hike up the Grandeur Peak trail in Millcreek Canyon. Here are a few snaps.



Untitled
I think it is so MAGICAL the way these maple leaves sparkle in the fall.

Untitled

Untitled


Untitled
It was perfect! Aside from a few of the older kids getting separated from us on the return hike, and making me a little worried, we had a fantastic time. There is nothing more magical than the mountains in fall.
Untitled

On Saturday we watched Noble and his team get after it on the gridiron again. They dominated again. I think it was 47 to 0, or something. All I know is I heard the referee inform the coach on the sidelines that the "mercy rule" was being applied, letting the clock run continuously in the 4th quarter,ending the game sooner.
 I felt kind of bad for those Cyprus kids.

Noble getting his instructions from the sideline.

I have to hand it to our kids for being good sports. There were lots of "good-job" pats for the other team during play, and help getting up. 

"into battle..." :)

 The most fun was watching Noble score - officially, his first time this season. 

Here he is in the end zone after his P.A.T. 
But even more exciting, was the touchdown he ran in on his team's next drive. I guess I must have been chatting it up on the sidelines or something because it totally took me by surprise (& consequently, we don't have a picture). I suddenly heard his coach yelling, "GO NOBLE!!!!" - & I looked up to see Noble  booking it down the field toward the goal line. I think he ran 30 yards. I was jumping up and down like a dork yelling, "RUN, NOBLE!!! GO, NOBLE!!!" The best part was seeing the HUGE smile on his face as he trotted back to the sidelines. (Later on he was too cool to acknowledge how excited he was.)

That was fun. The rest of the long weekend we spent trying to make a dent in our to-do list, fixing a hissing brake (thanks again, Sean), helping to clear my parents rain gutters, getting the garden cleaned out, mowing the law. But we also had time to listen to LDS General Conference. Noble went to his first priesthood session on Saturday night. A great weekend.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Fall is magical isn't it! I really want to see Noble play before the end of the year, hopefully this saturday or sometime soon.