 |
| Mike taking it to the ice with Abner. Yee HAW!!! (I LOVE this picture!) |
It has been a pretty laid-back week after Christmas around here...a little too laid-back for me. I always feel like we are wasting rare opportunities for family adventures when people are lounging around the house, reading, watching movies or playing games. And there was plenty of that this week. Along with lots of rich food...which makes me feel even more like a slug. These past few days we got busy though.
Yesterday we met our friends at the Olympic Ice Oval in Kearns for some ice skating.
 |
| Dads on the side lines |
 |
| Grace coming in for a landing. That little girl with Grace in the picture latched onto Grace, and stuck to her like glue the whole time we were there. I guess Grace just looked like a friendly sort. |
 |
| Jess completing her double axel. (Just kidding.) |
 |
| Sully was pretty good with his walker. Last year when he tried to skate with one he only managed to bloody his lip on it. He wins most improved...doing a little bit better than that kid on the ice in the back ground. |


Now for the big news! On Thursday afternoon I got word that the arrival of my sister's baby girl was imminent. We sprang into action. Jessie was recruited to babysit the baby's big brother at home while my mom and I went to assist at the birth. Beth asked me to be there to take pictures and be gofer or moral support or whatever. I was thrilled. This was my first chance to ever be there for the birth of a baby where I was not in the driver's seat, so to speak. She delivered at a birth center in Millcreek. It was new for all of us, but really nice in a lot of ways. Beth had been super nervous about it, but everything was comfortable and quiet. The midwives really stepped aside to let us figure out what to do to help her labor. Beth was awesome. It was a quick 3 hour labor (that's lightening speed by my standards, but slow by Beth's), and baby Meg was born a few minutes before 9PM, just as calm as a baby could possibly be. It was a beautiful experience. Thanks Beth and Roy!

 |
| Visiting Meg at home the next day. |
A little bit of HEAVEN. Baby Meg, you are AWESOME. Welcome to the world!
2 comments:
Thanks for being there to be moral support and we love the pictures you got. We love our family...your so good to us!
So jealous! I'm currently battling a cold/sinus infection/fever and am desperately trying to get better. Thanks for the post and the cute pictures. Ahh, my arms are literally aching to hold her! Love the last pic of you with the baby. You look like you're secretly planning on stealing her away. Ha ha!
Post a Comment