I felt bad about not posting these pictures earlier from Mike & Noble's father & son day on the slopes...more than a week ago. It was definitely worth mentioning. Here you go.
Mike had promised Noble a snowboarding day, just the 2 of them, if his grades were up to standard. So, Noble worked hard, and 2 Fridays ago Noble was excused from school (legitimately), for a more important pursuit: a day of snow and sun with his dad. Mike said Noble was greatly improved from the last time he went snowboarding (a couple of years ago), and crossed an important threshold in his snowboarding development: HE WORE HIS DAD OUT. Noble went all day without even stopping for food (it was a good thing Mike had a few Cliff bars on him), riding every lift and run he could get to, even tackling some blacks. The snow was great, and they made some priceless memories.
Speaking of memories...
Saturday evening Mike and I got together with some of our high school friends (actually mostly mine) for dinner. This was an historic event, as many of us hadn't seen each other in almost 20 years. Some of them I have met up with from time to time, some I had reconnected with on Facebook, and some were MIA. It was kind of surreal because in many ways it felt like nothing was different. We seemed to have the same dynamic together as ever: the same jokers, the same edge-sitters, the same senses of humor, same mannerisms...in some ways I felt like I was sitting back at the lunch table at Bingham High School all over again. That part amazed me. Even with the baggage (and added inches) of 20 years, we could still connect so easily.
It was a LOUD, happy 3 hours. Lots of hugs and raucous laughter. I told Mike that I just felt super pleased and content watching these people with whom I shared so much all those years ago totally enjoying each other's company again. Like a family reunion. The funny thing is that back then we actually jokingly referred to ourselves as the Family Tree. That's weird.
We had so much fun, everyone wanted to get together again soon...this time at Tadd's Splash Lab at BYU. That should be awesome.
** photo creds, Annie's phone **
No comments:
Post a Comment