Yesterday (among other things) I kept more than busy patching stuff.
.JPG) |
| For starters, several pair of pants. Noble is HARD on school pants, and I can't bring myself to buy a new pair every time he rips a knee. So I keep one old pair (left) for cutting patches from. If they aren't really bad I can usually patch them up well enough so you can't tell without a closer look. Now, they'll last a few more months, maybe long enough to get us through the school year. (...if I could keep him from outgrowing them before then...) Thanks to my mom, who had the right color of Salmon thread, I also patched a little hole in Jessie's favorite pair of pants. |
After spending several (VERY frustrating) hours attempting to remediate a few Abner-initiated disasters in the basement, I finally finished and came up to make the little boys a late lunch. TWO MINUTES later I heard Abner crying...the REAL kind of crying. You know what I mean, like you-might-want-to-get-911-on-the-phone kind. According to Sully, and consistent with the evidence at the scene, he had been running laps around the playroom, and pummeled head-first into Grace's doll house. I put lunch on hold for another hour while I tried to wrestle a screaming toddler, clean up the blood, scour through my cupboards and closets looking for the butterfly bandages I thought I had, put a band-aid on it only to be promptly ripped off...
twice....Finally, I just threw my hands in the air and called it good, oozing gash notwithstanding. I was tired. So tired. Later, after a quick run to Walgreen's for butterfly bandages, in between getting Jessie to guitar lessons... Abner is all patched up. Good as new. Maybe there will be a scar to remind him. That's ok too.
1 comment:
Not cool Abner...not cool!
Post a Comment