Recently, Noble tied our not-so-little puppy to one of the dining chairs. Which resulted in this...
I was out of the house when the incident occurred - and Noble called to give me a heads up, hoping to dissipate some of the looming wrath. He told me that the wall had been "dented". When I returned home and saw this gaping hole I admit that I lost my head and YELLED. I really yelled. It had been a stressful day already, and this little crisis seemed disproportionately dire in the moment. A penitent Noble promised he would fix it. I was more than a little doubtful. I assumed this was going to cost a lot of money and/or time, plus how would we ever match the paint?
When Mike got home (and I had calmed down) I rehearsed for him what had happened. Mike assured me that he could fix it, and that he and Noble would take care of it. So a few days later they got to work...
Thanks to YouTube, the paint lady at Lowes (with their genius paint-matching computer), and Mike's can-do attitude Noble has learned an important lesson and my wall has been restored to a nearly pristine state. Also, all those other dings and scratches that have accumulated over the years and needed to be touched up? Bonus. So, in a way I can thank Noble.
No comments:
Post a Comment