Sunday, February 22, 2015

Something Virtuous, Lovely and of Good Report and Praiseworthy

Recently my old friend Katie posted about her daughter appearing in an Xfinity commercial featuring a new technology to help visually impaired people navigate in finding movies to watch. Their daughter Emily has been blind since birth. When Katie first sent the link I was curious about what technology could help the blind watch movies...and I wanted to see what part Emily would play in all this. I had no idea that her story and her imagination would be the whole focus of the project -- and the lengths that they went to to bring her vision to life. It was beautiful. I wanted to share it.

Apparently it aired tonight during the Oscars.




They also made a short documentary, narrated by Robert Redford, of the making of Emily's Oz.






Also, the Grove's did an interview this week on the Today show. I love that I got to see the whole family in this one. They are some of our favorite people and they moved out of state several years ago so we haven't had much opportunity to see them.



Visit NBCNews.com for breaking newsworld news, and news about the economy

I love this so much. I been smiling and smiling. There is good in the world. Thanks Katie and Tyler - we love you guys! And well done Emily...what a personality!
:)


1 comment:

kirsten said...

Wow, that is awesome! What a cool spunky girl.