Friday, January 15, 2016

Right Back At IT

January is kind of a tough month. December is disorienting because everything that is routine gets put on hold while we celebrate. I love that. But somehow I can't seem to get my bearings again for a while when January starts. Our first week back after the holiday we had a lot of things come our way: the start of school, parent teacher conference, end of the quarter,  Noble started Snowblitz (an after school ski and snowboard program), Jessie flew out for the Western National Roundup (horse bowl national competition) in Denver, Mike flew to meet his brothers for a weekend ski trip, and we celebrated Tillman's 12th birthday, which included his receiving the priesthood, and being ordained as a deacon.  And I got sick at the most inconvenient time - when all my backups were out of town and everything was depending on me. We made it through. (Thanks to my sister Beth who answered Mike's text to look in on me. She hung out most of the day last Saturday folding laundry, bringing me lunch and taking care of the kids. I love my sisters!)

Abner trying out Noble's ride.


Utah's Horse Bowl Team at the Western National Roundup in Denver. They finished 9th overall out of around 30 teams. Jessie is still bitter at team Mississippi for knocking them out of the second round with one answer.


The Melton boys at Brian Head. They had an awesome couple of days together.

Mike tearing it up. Later he dislocated his thumb when he collided with an unseen obstacle under the snow and took a tumble. Ouch.


And suddenly he's 12!! Tillman eagerly waiting to blow out the  single candle on his cake and open his presents. We had family over later on Sunday after the ordination (which was awesome) at church to celebrate January birthdays with pizza, cookies and an FHE lesson about the priesthood. I should have snapped a picture or two.
And finally, to get you psyched up for the new year, here's a picture of Abner doing his thing...CONFIDENT and DETERMINED. I  need this picture hanging on my bathroom mirror. Make today, this year... AWESOME!!


No comments: