We've had a BUSY week. In general, I try and avoid scheduling so much...but at Christmas time it's hard not to. In contrast, this is how my sister and her family spent the week. (Can't wait to get down there for a visit next month.) The rest of us (most of the rest of us) toughed it out in the cold with our own Christmas fun:
We got together with the Sullivans (including my Grandma up from Silver City, New Mexico) at This is the Place Monument (the Historic Pioneer Village) for Candlelight Christmas. Christmas as it was observed on the 19th Century frontier: colder, darker, quieter. I think stuff like this is pretty cool. (I'm glad my kids do too... so far).
We ran into my cousin Brian, who is the biggest Civil War reenactor junkie of all time (and apparently does the pioneer thing on the side - here he is as a shepherd outside the live nativity).
I also finished up the Christmas shopping, did 8,000 loads of laundry, helped the kids make Christmas gifts for their friends and teachers & went with all our 19 Activity Day girls (including Jessie) for a Christmas/skating/pizza party at Classic Skating. (I have to tell you, you'll never see more heavy eye-liner and badly fitting ratty tank tops ANYWHERE.)
And, of course, I snuggled as much as possible with Sully.
4 comments:
I can't stop laughing about the lego starwars nativity. Hahahah. So good.
Love Sully's Pic. Thanks again for the invite to the Candlelight Christmas. We had a really great time. I wonder if Hank is still pondering on how all 12 people live in that little cabin. :)
Love the toothy grin! wish we could have been able to come on Wed, but mutual takes its toll sometimes.
FUN! I love that now's the time when everyone can start settling in and doing all the fun stuff.. Sully is the CUTEST!
Post a Comment