So the weekend turned out a little different than we planned. We ran into some snags with babysitting so we decided that Mike would just take the older two kids skiing/snowboarding at Solitude, and that I would stay home this time with the three youngest. Mike put Noble in an all-day snowboarding class - since this was only his second time on a board. Noble wasn't too keen on the idea - I think because he gets anxious about new situations, especially the social component. Mike took his telemark skis and also his snowboard. He spent the morning skiing with Jess, and then got on his board after lunch - and did a few runs with Noble at the end of the day.
Meanwhile...back at the ranch...
My bro Casey called and invited us on a little snow hike with them. So I took the three youngest with snowshoes and met them up Millcreek Canyon. The snow was packed down, but it was still good practice for the kids in their snowshoes...I didn't use mine. We had some fun sliding down some slopes there on the sled we brought. After a while Sully had had enough of the cold and started crying - so we headed back. Tillman was kind of cold and whiny - so, Grace stepped up and actually PULLED Tillman on a sled all the way back down the trail to the car. Then while I loaded T. and Sully, crying, into the car, she (without being asked, mind you) took care of packing all the gear into the back of the car for me. Wow. (That earned her a little extra cash at allowance time...)
We met Mike's Mom and Dad at Cafe Rio for lunch - and Sully downed more chicken quesedilla than the other two kids combined. Thanks Jacque and Howard...we had fun!
I realized that even a veteran parent like myself can be easily overwhelmed by three small children when alone. It made me grateful for the help my older children are to me - and Mike...and our families.
She'd been growing it out for Locks of Love. She was pretty excited.
Next weekend looks like more fun in the snow...we're planning on a little get away to Brian Head with Mike's parents and brothers. (woohoo!)
5 comments:
Dude, we are going to be at Brianhead next weekend too! Hahahah. We should try to link up. I'm not sure which days we will be riding. But we will be in Cedar from Saturday night or Sunday-Wed week.
Jake, Email me...We'll be up there Fri-Sun I think. That would be super-dooper to see you guys!
I'm sorry I took your boots now for the weekend. Hope your feet stayed warm. They came in handy for me so thanks!
sorry it didn't work out how you wanted - looks like the skiers had fun, though!
Hey, I totally could have done the babysitting. Admit it, you just don't trust me. Of course, I'm not as experienced as you are... :)
Totally proud of Jessie for donating her hair. And the haircut looks nice too.
Post a Comment