Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Slow Learner

Between when our old computer bit the dust and now, our iTunes libraries/playlists, etc. have been all messed up. I haven't dared to sync the 30G with the computer even though we have lots of new music to add because I'm using it as my reference as I rebuild what we had before. Anyway, as a result my old running playlists have been lost - and that's probably a good thing because I'm a creature of habit. Now I get to create fresh new playlists. Also, in the last few months, the ancient 1st generation shuffle that I've used to run and snowboard with for years died suddenly. This also, turned out to be for the best. Mike got me a new nano for Christmas along with the Nike+ chip to keep track of my miles, etc. Only problem is, I'm slow with technology. The first time I tried it out I was annoyed by it, because I couldn't make it work right, my headphone jack was a really tight fit with it - and so I ended up messing with that the whole time too...it seemed to get in the way of just running. Since then life's been so busy that I haven't even been out running. Today Mike and I got out for a short 2-miler with the dog, and I was successful with the chip. Once I had it working right I really liked it. I should get one for Mike...he was on fire today.








Me...beet red...cooling my heals on the front porch after my maiden voyage with the Nike+


Saturday we're heading up to Snowbird with the kids. First time this season...I'm sad to say. I told Mike that we can't let this season go by without at least going once to make Jessie's 5th grade passport worth it - and he has a couple of passes to use up too. I'd like to make it to Solitude as well - it's our favorite. Life is pretty busy though - and taking 4 kids to the slopes is pricey, so we don't make it as often as we'd like.

2 comments:

Turbo said...

Ang, I'm like a Nike+ Junkie. That thing changed my life. I'm sure that once you get used it, you won't be able to run without it.

kirsten said...

what kind of music do you like to run to?