Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Say It Ain't So

Yesterday I succumbed to social pressures and to my own sense of parental responsibility and gave my son a haircut. Not one of those token trims he's had along the way, but a REAL haircut resulting in a shabby version of the classic little boy look.

Here he is at breakfast this morning...we didn't get any photos yesterday in all the commotion.

Yes, it was traumatic for him. He had no idea what all that prickly fuzzy stuff falling in his face was, sticking in the tears running down his pudgy face. I have to hand it to him, he handled it better than either of our other boys at his age. Maybe that's because they had already experienced a few true haircuts by this time. They were more calloused, wiser to the world and more prepared to fight back. Sully, like some isolated animal species never before seen by humans, and with no natural inhibitions, willingly submitted...and then bam! - we had him. Now he's had his rude introduction to the "real world" ...he'll be a little less trusting in the future.

**I miss his mop.**

4 comments:

Holly said...

oh Sully, I wish I could kiss that face!

Beth said...

Such a cute pudgy face! Can't wait to see the new doo on the little man.

Kay said...

Good for you Angie. I think it looks better this way, but he will never again have his nice baby hair. *sigh*

kirsten said...

oh, poor baby. he still looks traumatized.

My boys hated the whole hair cutting process until we started cutting hair in front of a movie with a lollipop. Still a struggle when hair falls on them, but it works way better! When they were babies I cut hair in when they were in the tub!