Friday, April 2, 2010

Dance Riot

One of the kids FAVORITE made-up family games is something we call "Dance Groove Tag" (invented by me). I might get reported to DCFS for this - but the idea is everyone boogies around the house; if you're caught not boogieing you get "tagged" (i.e., a whack to the back side with a rolled up magazine - usually the Ensign). It's about as chaotic as it sounds: blaring dance music, uncontrollable giggling, "tag-ees" riotously dodging in every direction, and the dance moves (and attempted dance moves) that result are priceless. Tonight, after getting hyped-up with a lively round of Dance Groove Tag, the kids were in rare form. Since I was worn out from chasing them around, I picked up the camera instead. (You'll want to click pause on the music player in the side-bar so you can hear.)
A little dance collaboration during their cool-down set.

Dancing Fools from Angie Melton on Vimeo.

(My favorite part is where Sully's just standing there in line in his backpack trying to decide what to do.)

I'm not just saying this, I seriously have some of the coolest people in the world for kids.

...and after this we wound down the evening with three chapters from The Secret Garden...(I had to win back some parenting points in case I do get turned in.)

;)

4 comments:

jacquemelton said...

I love it! It couldn't be cuter.Dad laughed and laughed (oof course out LOUD).

kirsten said...

hilarious! grace and tillman should take their act on the road!

i think she should be doing hip hop - that girl can shake it!

Elena Lunt said...

I would take this off the blog ASAP - you will definitely get reported... ;)

KimnSam said...

Awesome. Simply awesome. Good to see you yesterday!