Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Updates on Stuff

Last night: Easter Eggs












Can you believe it's snowing again today? And is supposed to continue till the weekend? I think it was almost 70 degrees yesterday (albeit windy like you wouldn't believe). I went out running this morning...tried to convince Mike-L to go with me, but he wimped out. Just kidding. Mainly it was because we have a 19 month-old who doesn't babysit himself. Couldn't find my iPod (Which of you kids horked my iPod!?)...but that's OK...sometimes I like to just hear what's happening around me (even if I go slower).


Things are gearing up for the second annual NPA (our kids' school) 5K in a few weeks. I'm in charge of finish line/race course again this year - which is fine with me. I think that's the funnest place to be at a race. The race raised a lot of cash for the school last year, and I think overall, was a big success. Anyway, my sister, Beth and her husband started up a race-timing business this year and have volunteered to donate their time, equipment and expertise for our race (woohoo!). We just had to buy the magnetic timing chips. This makes my job this year about 100 times easier. Still I've got some logistics to take care of - and that's been occupying some time lately.

I've also been working on garden planning for this season. I've got my seeds ordered and the garden mapped out...I just need to get out there one of these days.


In other news: we're talking a lot about whether to put the house back on the market this year.

*Big Exhale*
Every time we put this topic on the shelf for a while it seems to resurface. We've been out looking at houses here and there, but then we just can't bring ourselves to put the house up for sale. It was such an ordeal last summer, all for not. Do we really want to deal with that again? It gets harder to think about moving the longer we're here...but if we're ever going to make the change now might be best. In case you were wondering, law school appears to be on the back burner again. Mike took the LSAT again a while ago...and did better, but, in terms of feasibility right now, it would be really difficult.

Anyway, I'm kind of tired of trying to decide, so if anyone knows what we're supposed to do, let me know. :)

4 comments:

Turbo said...

Big decisions totally suck, to make. I'll be sending you guys some positive thoughts though, as I enjoy our sunny 70 degree weather ;)

kirsten said...

cool eggs, meltons!

oy.
the house again?

best of luck making that decision - big decisions are HARD.

Beth said...

Haven't even thought about eggs...no kids...no eggs. I'm totally with you on the major decisions. Roy and I are circling the circumfrance of that point in our life. Good luck with that!

Kay said...

sometimes you have to take leaps, just make sure you use the brain God gave you and try to make a smart decision whatever it is.

Good luck :)