Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Think Child-Birth is The Only Comparison for This

I'm physically and emotionally spent
We've been going full out for 2 solid days, finishing up the move-out. It's been tiring enough for the past 3 weeks...but this push to the end has been really draining. My mom worked side by side with us for 8 hours today. (Mom, I want to be like you some day. You can still work circles around anyone I know.) I couldn't stop sobbing as we looked around at the house before locking up. So many good times at that little house...

We're probably still a week out on the new house. (Red tape = the ENEMY.) Actually though, staying at Mom's and Dad's little slice of heaven here in SoJo for a week seems like a well earned reprieve: company in the evenings while Mike's at work, being here when Holly and the kids return from Mexico (how fun is that for the cousins to live in the same house for a few days just as they're reunited), no home owner's responsibilities (momentarily), Jessie won't need to be driven to the barn... I can feel my nerves unwinding now.

Today also happens to be little Grace's 8th Birthday. We didn't have time to do much with all that was going on. She requested sushi for lunch (her favorite) - so I managed to drop some off to her at school. We had dinner at Mike's parents' tonight where we ate pigs-in-a-blanket (her other favorite) salad & tapioca pudding with a birthday candle in it. Grace is everything tender and sweet. We love her so much.

3 comments:

Holly said...

My kids are over the moon about coming home to "live" with the Meltons! You made it now take a breather.

Beth said...

I just got a little sad thinking about the "little" house. Good times indeed were had. Enjoy the break until you get to the final push. LOVE YOU GUYS!

Kay said...

Ang, so sorry I couldn't make it up to help out. I have been going non-stop every day, and it just didn't seem feasible to make the trip up there. Thanks for sharing your blog with us. I know how you feel about leaving a part of your life behind. I cried like a baby when we traded in our first car after all. We'll see you Saturday.