Sunday, May 2, 2010

You Never Count Your Money When You're Sittin' At The Table...

In the past several weeks we've had an education in the high stakes world of buying/selling in real estate. More than once I've felt like I was in a poker game calling out my opponent's bluff, making my own blind bets. Tomorrow we will find out if our biggest gamble will pay off. The bidding ends tonight on the house that sits at the top of our list. We just had our realtor up our bid... because we're not the cool customers we wish we were. The process of bidding on foreclosed properties is harrowing. We have no idea what the other bids are - or even if there ARE other bids. So, there's a possibility we're just bidding against ourselves, ratcheting up the stakes for no reason.

It's a big psychological game.

I'm not so good at psychological games. If you put me on Survivor Island, I'd walk off (or swim, as the case may be) before anyone had a chance to vote me off. 

No comments: