It's that magical time of year again.
Temperatures are cooling off and everyone is in the mood for a change. Even though we've had kids in school for quite a few years it's always exciting. I wasn't sure how the routine would work in the new house, if I was leaving enough commute time, etc. (By the way, aren't the new lunch boxes sweet? Thanks Kirsten for pointing me in the right direction with those. They'll be the subject of a future "Simple Foods" post I think.)
Everything went smoothly this morning. Tillman did really well with a full day of school. Grace's hair was cuter than ever. I finally persuaded (compelled) Jessie to wear those Dr. Martens I bought for her. (Can you believe she thinks they're not cool? What the?) Noble took his brief case (ha ha ha... I'm actually serious about that.)
Plus, I SO enjoyed the quiet. Don't think I'm one of those horrible parents who cheers when their children start school again....I didn't quite cheer. (But between you and me, a break is pretty nice.)
5 comments:
That is a good looking group! I swear, I'm squinting really hard like that in every single "back-to-school" shot that my parents took of me. Takes me back to the good ol' days. :)
Jake, ha ha ha. It was poor planning to put them on the porch looking into the rising sun.
yeah, but don't you have to have them on the porch by the door? it's tradition!
love grace's ringlets and jessie told me about the lunchboxes - she was way excited, so that rocks!
They all look stoked and ready to go. I miss going off with them, but life is full of good changes. Glad to see life is carying on so well for the Meltons!
p.s. i just stumbled on another cool lunch blog:
http://www.anotherlunch.com/
they use lots of different bentos + reusable boxes (including yours). LOTS of good ideas!
Post a Comment