We've been pretty busy this week. Jessie's had lots of horse show stuff (3 shows this week between her two horses). No pictures, because unfortunately one of the things that happened this week was that the boys got a hold of our camera and killed it. When the camera wouldn't switch on I removed the memory card and put it in the computer. ----> No surprise, the last photos on it were of two crazy boys jumping around blurry. Busted. Don't cry for us though - Canon is fixing it for FREE. The kids are covering the cost of shipping.
Anyway, back to Jessie. She did SO well this week. Today she flew on her speed events with Pumpkin. She clocked the fastest time in her division on an event called 'keyhole'. She went from like 11th place in her division earlier this week up to 4th today. We were way excited for her. This means she gets to go to state finals. We're not excited about the extra practices or long days at post-season shows. But really we can't complain. At least the state competition is being held in South Jordan this year and not St. George or something. Jessie is STOKED about 2 things:
1.) She gets one of those extra large sparkly cowboy belt buckles (I know what you're thinking: AWESOME!) as part of the state finalist regalia.
2.) She gets to miss 2 days of school for the state competition.
I really think everything else is just secondary for her. (Honestly, competitiveness does not seem to run anywhere in her veins. We keep telling her a little bit doesn't hurt.)
Good work Jessie!
Also this week:
* Swimming lessons - everyone except Sully & Jessie (who is now a graduate of Shinsel Swim School.) Sully shows his solidarity by wearing his Shinsel Pool t-shirt - "30 years of teaching kids to be fish".
* A visit from the South Jordan police. If you want to know the details, you'll have to call me or something. I don't want to incriminate myself on the Internet. I'll just say this: Jupiter the Space Donkey has reverted in part to some old habits. And maybe our spotless first impression has been tarnished in the neighborhood. Oh well, I guess it was only a matter of time. :) (My Dad is still laughing about this.)
* Mike invented skateboard basketball tonight - and at this moment (10:15 PM) I can hear 4 enthusiastic children and one 35 year old man yelling loudly in the driveway. I suppose I should go put an end to it before we have another "incident" involving the police.
Just kidding about that.
2 comments:
I think that is so cool about Jesse. I would had love to do what she does when I was a little girl! The best my parents could do was a trail ride and a one hour riding lesson, it was pure bliss. Can't wait to hear the story of the police.
go jessie!
and i'll have to check out that swim school. we're doing private again this year... but it always ends up being kinda weird.
Post a Comment