Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sick on Sunday

 This morning we dug out from another over-night storm. Looks like we'll have to do it again this afternoon. It hasn't stopped. Maybe another 8 inches total today. I'm telling you, with a driveway the size of ours, a snow-blower is in the cards in the NEAR future. (Merry Christmas, Mitch-darling!)

And this is what Sully's doing right now (good day for it). 

Little Sully-pants didn't make it through church today. Fever, snot, sad. The mini-dvd player right next to him, spinning "Cars" (the 118th showing this weekend) was about the only thing that could calm him down today. Poor guy.



Mike surprised everyone yesterday when he brought home this year's Christmas tree unexpectedly (just before the game). Sully was the most excited... after me. :) We had Mike's brothers, Gary and Tim (in town for Thanksgiving), his dad and Grandma Helen over for the game. Mike cooked up some of his yummy beef nachos and we settled in. You all know the outcome of the game. I know Ute fans were relieved even though it wasn't pretty. A blocked field goal is a pretty intense way to win a game. Jessie is still getting over it.
After our guests went home, we finished off the tree.
I think it's the prettiest one we've ever had. It was so cozy.

Also this weekend, Mike and his bros got out to do some skiing on Black Friday. He said there were no lines and the snow was great. Awww man, I was a little jealous.

We had a great Thanksgiving with family (both sides) and the best food.
We are grateful for all of you - family and friends.

Now to go cook up some holiday left-overs for Sunday dinner.

2 comments:

kirsten said...

oh! i want my tree up! we're worried about it lasting, though, so we're going to wait a week or two. bummer. usually i'm not in a hurry, but this year i am READY for all the Christmas loveliness.

Beth said...

That is some kind of huge tree! I wish we had holiday leftovers to cook up...I'm off to the store tonight to grab some food for the week.