Tuesday, July 26, 2011

So Far, In the Garden

The state of the garden - last week. The sun flowers are about 5 feet higher now, and the corn too.
You can see the composter in the background - which I really like so far. I'll have my complete review of this new model sometime this fall.   :)



Early in the season. The first fruits of the year - peas, lettuces & radishes.


We've eaten a LOT of salad, trying to keep up. Greens & basil from the garden, the anjou pear & figs from the co-op basket.

 Noble digging the beets.

He also pulled some carrots a little early. mmm. mmm.


Something else we've had a lot of...green smoothies. Banana, mango, spinach. So good. (I think there's a "Simple Food" post about these to come.)


Sully and Jess hanging out in the sunflower house...one of the highlights of the garden this year. It's magic.
The summer squash and tomatoes are all coming on quick.  I can't wait.

The garden is such good medicine.

1 comment:

Kay said...

good medicine is right. I love the garden, allthough ours is not nearly as big or diverse as yours.