Sully, Sully, Sully ....oh how we love you!
His actual birthday was Wednesday. That day, first thing in the morning he made his way into our bed to snuggle (a regular - and cherished occurrence). As he cozied in I said softly, "Happy Birthday, Sully." He turned and whispered into my face, kind of drowsily, "Thanks, Mom." It was so sweet, I thought I might die right there.
Since Mike was teaching Weds. evening we had our little party last night instead. We took him to see Cars 2 - and came home for some not-too-shabby fish tacos (I'll post that recipe some time). Both sets of "Brancas" (his word for grandparent) made it over to hang with us for gifts and cupcakes.
Trying out his new Automoblox
Sully had a good couple of days I think. I'm glad I was available to make it happen for him. He is so beloved. All the other kids wanted to contribute something for the occasion: from a homemade snail-shell necklace to this tribute - composed by Noble.
:)
My mom and dad took Noble, Grace and T. camping tonight - just up the canyon, leaving the house kind of quiet (and clean). With that kind of footloose freedom, we thought we'd take Jess and Sully out to Daybreak beach so Sully can try out his new dump truck and so Mike can measure out a run along the lake trail with his new Garmin. Should be a relaxing evening.
1 comment:
Sully, I love your mom, but I think she's lying. How is it that it was THREE years ago I was holding you at a YW/YM picnic activity? Seriously?! That is crazy.
Good luck, Angie! I hope everything goes well for you - and soon!
Post a Comment