Friday, September 9, 2011

Kidneys, don't fail me now.

I have gone through two of these (plus several gallons of water) in the past few days.
What a week. I haven't slept much this week. Here's why: kids with stomach flu, puking in the night, a toddler who wants lots of attention at 2 'oclock in the morning, a very needy newborn who likes to be held and fed and snuggled all the time and also cries just for the heck of it - 24 hours a day. All this while getting sicker every day with what I thought was just a minor UTI (my first, so what did I know?). I've been running a fever most of the week and finally went to our doctor yesterday when my fever spiked really high (about 103) and my lower back started to ache. She wasted no time in telling me that I had a full-blown kidney infection, & pulled out some weapons-grade antibiotics which was administered immediately via hypodermic needle. They made me stay around for 15 minutes after, to make sure I didn't react badly...that scared me a little. I am supposed to appear today same time, same place for round two of the same, after which I will start an oral antibiotics regimen. I imagine when I'm done there will not be a single living bacterium anywhere in or on my body.
I just need to get better. The laundry is piling high and my kids need their mom. Our parents and neighbors have helped out so much, babysitting, driving kids to and from school, helping Mike with Lego Robotics last night, painting in the basement, cooking - and just making me feel loved and supported. I layed there in bed yesterday and felt so grateful for all the people and things that make being sick less uncomfortable. I am blessed.

1 comment:

Kay said...

It's always something. Feel better Ang. Sorry to hear things have been yucky. :(